Incorporated in 1996, NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. NFF has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007. From Presidential Inauguration Network Design to an Enterprise Architecture Design for 85 Agencies and 45,000 Users, a Nationwide IP based Video Tele-Conferencing Implementation, or an Emergency Network Infrastructure Management Design, NFF is building what’s next.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter benefits, and educational assistance.
As a virtualization engineer, a viable candidate will possess a broad and well-rounded background with the ability to troubleshoot various issues. They will have a solid understanding of the entire OSI stack with specific experience with Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Networking.
• Virtual Desktop Administration utilizing VMware Horizon View for a multi-tenant environment supporting up 30,000 endpoints across over 600 locations.
• Enterprise Cloud Management and Administration, deployment and configuration automation utilizing VMware vRA
• Management of Enterprise Virtual Systems and Networks utilizing VMware vROPS
• Virtualization Infrastructure Experience utilizing VMware vSphere
• Virtual Application packaging and remediation as well as Application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting
• Windows Desktop Administration for Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
• Utilize PowerShell scripting for automation and workflow.
• Manage a large virtualization farm hosting multiple network management tools and applications.
• Providing direct technical support for the planning, design, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to server, storage, and virtualization systems and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those systems.
• Ensuring stable performance for the server, storage, and virtualization environments through performance monitoring and tuning.
• Performing capacity planning, workload modelling, and prediction. Ensuring systems maintenance of storage and related systems.
• Troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and providing solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
• Providing systems administration training to clients.
• Developing and delivering professional proposals, including design documentation.
• Ability to provide management and account team oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
• Ability to integrate with VMware and Cisco Data Center technologies.
• Experience with vSphere, VMware virtual switching, vMotion, and HA.
• vRA, vROPS and the vRealize suite
• Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.
To complete the form and provide us with this information, please visit the careers page of our website (http://www.nffinc.com/careers.html) and click on the job posting.