Incorporated in 1996, NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. NFF has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007. From Presidential Inauguration Network Design to an Enterprise Architecture Design for 85 Agencies and 45,000 Users, a Nationwide IP based Video Tele-Conferencing Implementation, or an Emergency Network Infrastructure Management Design, NFF is building what's next.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter benefits, and educational assistance.
JOB SUMMARY: Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent may perform one or more of the following duties)
- Troubleshoots, resolves, integrates, tests, and maintains operating systems environments such as, but not limited to: Windows 2000, MS Office, MS Exchange 5.5, etc.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and trouble ticket follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex trouble tickets to supervisor or more senior-level Help Desk Analysts.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Works with team members to identify issue trends and suggests long-term strategies to help mitigate incoming issues.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site.g. Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Supervisory Responsibility - None
- Supervision Received - Reports directly to Lead Help Desk Analyst or Help Desk Manager; may receive assignments from senior-level Help Desk Analysts. Works under general supervision; following established procedures or previously issued instructions, reporting to supervisor for assistance or new instructions. Work is reviewed for results.
Education/Experience - B.S. in related field or three years of experience in specialized field of help desk support. Also requires demonstrated experience of various COTS software/hardware, and network products; Windows 2000, MS Office 2000, etc.
Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
8570 IAT Level 2 compliant - Must have Security+CE and any OS CERTIFICATION required
Skills/Certifications/Training - MS/MCP, HD/HAD, A+, Network+, MCP or similar certifications preferred.
Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to react to customer issues and formulate resolutions quickly.
Level of Security Clearance - Secret / Top Secret [minimum]
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Internal Interaction
- External Interaction
- Physical Demands
May be exposed to periods of dexterous physical activity including sitting, standing, walking, and lifting objects up to 100 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Working Conditions
May be exposed to periods of variant ambient conditions at company and client facilities, worksites, and operating company equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.
To complete the form and provide us with this information, please visit the careers page of our website (http://www.nffinc.com/careers.html) and click on the job posting.