Incorporated in 1996, NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. NFF has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007. From Presidential Inauguration Network Design to an Enterprise Architecture Design for 85 Agencies and 45,000 Users, a Nationwide IP based Video Tele-Conferencing Implementation, or an Emergency Network Infrastructure Management Design, NFF is building what's next.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter benefits, and educational assistance.
Serve as a senior customer relationship management subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with SAP. Identify and articulate opportunities for improvement in the SAP customer relationship management (CRM) operations, as well as business processes. Responsible for defining detailed requirements, analyzing business needs, and validating SAP solutions with the client. Facilitate necessary changes utilizing internal and external technology resources. Participate in all aspects of the SAP project management process, including requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, configuration, testing, user training, implementation, and on-going support.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• System-wide responsibility on complex components or complex projects and sought to solve highly technical, complex problems and to consult for other projects.
• Review and understand all existing processes as configured in the SAP CRM module, including Washington Gas specific enhancements and customizations.
• Create and maintain strong relationships with the SAP CRM business owners and related stakeholders, and act as the liaison and point of contact between them and technical resources.
• Work with the business owners to identify opportunities for improvement and design solutions; deliver accurate business requirements to functional and technical IT resources.
• Lead design phases of projects, including supplying functional and business knowledge to the design phase, verifying the end blueprint satisfies the actual business requirements of the project, and identifying potential conflicts with other business units or processes.
• Lead overall functional and integration testing of assigned projects, as well as unit testing for any configuration done independently.
• Create accurate, accessible documentation as needed in order to transition knowledge to end users and support staff. Provides go-live project support and facilitates the knowledge transition process post go-live.
• Update all as-is and to-be processes pertaining to SAP CRM, with the goal of achieving and maintaining a steady state system and related processes.
• Provide help to the business and end users by answering “how do I?” questions and ensuring training documentation is in line with supported business processes.
• Observe all SAP CRM related batch-jobs, reports and workflows to ensure they are functioning as desired. Provides interventions and escalations where needed.
• Expand SAP and related business process knowledge through the participation in related user groups and through vendor learning opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years information systems or customer service experience required, some SAP CRM experience preferred
• Subject matter expertise in the SAP CRM module, including configuration experience and integrating the CRM module with other modules
• Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance
• Broad understanding of accounting and financial principles
• Strong business and accounting acumen
• Ability to coordinate resources and lead decision making processes
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.
To complete the form and provide us with this information, please visit the careers page of our website (http://www.nffinc.com/careers.html) and click on the job posting.