Incorporated in 1996, NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. NFF has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007. From Presidential Inauguration Network Design to an Enterprise Architecture Design for 85 Agencies and 45,000 Users, a Nationwide IP based Video Tele-Conferencing Implementation, or an Emergency Network Infrastructure Management Design, NFF is building what’s next.
The most powerful success comes only through the collective contribution and innovation of our employees. That means we must continue to attract and retain the best and brightest people with relevant job experience and offer a competitive salary and full range of comprehensive benefits. Please visit the careers page of our website (www.nffinc.com) for more details.
Under general direction, participates as high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Participates in the development of software user manuals. May act as team leader on less complex projects. Assists in training less experienced software development staff. Participates in the design, creation, and maintenance of computerized databases. Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.Works with management to develop database strategies to support company needs. Consults with and advises users on access to various databases. Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate.
• Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
• Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
• The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
• Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
• Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools
• that access the Oracle database.
• Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
• Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes
• Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
• Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
• Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
• The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
• Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
• Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
• Provides technical support to application development teams.
• Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
• Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
• Create new database users as required.
• Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
• The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology 10+ years’ experience in Oracle Database Administrator
• A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
• A good knowledge of physical database design
• Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance
• monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
• Can provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
• Good skills in all Oracle tools.
• A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
• A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
• Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
• Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
• A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
• A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
• A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
• A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development
• teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
• Water Utilities experience is added advantage
• Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) Experience is added advantage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.
To complete the form and provide us with this information, please visit the careers page of our website (http://www.nffinc.com/careers.html) and click on the job posting.