NFF provides a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401 (k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter benefits, and educational assistance. Please visit the careers page of our website (www.nffinc.com) for more details.
ODL Developer responsible for designing, developing, testing, debugging and/or maintaining SDN controller solutions in the environment of Open Source Software like
What will your job look like?
* Architect, Code, design, implement and test SDN Controller solutions for layer 1-3 vNFs using ONAP/ECOMP
* Provide consultation and development services in Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization environments for Enterprise and Telecom Service Provider environments
* Development which includes design/coding/testing in the environment of Open Source Software like Kubernetes/Containers/VNF's/OpenStack
* Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge with peers of business units that support SDN Solutions
* Work effectively with the development teams in providing those tasks for execution and details the intricacies of architecture at design level.
* Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships around SDN
* Develop procedures for implementation, assessment, and design of new and existing product offerings
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert, where necessary, in order to assist in design, development and testing.
* Conduct Knowledge Transfer sessions with customers around configuration and maintenance of SDN solutions
* Keep abreast of developing technologies within identified products and markets
* Provide regular status reporting on projects and initiatives
* Develop professional and technical skills in support of business initiatives
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplines
* Extensive experienced (at least 5 years) in Layer 2/3 IP networking, 2-3 years of experience in SDN Controller technologies including ODL
* Exposure to Open Daylight and SDN technologies preferred
* Builds Valuable Customer Relationships
* Teaming Across Boundaries
* Interacts with Respect
* Displays Confidence and Curiosity
* Demonstrates Excellence and Professionalism
* Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
* Continuous Improvement
* Creativity & Innovation
* Focus on Quality
* Technological Excellence
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.